Friday, March 6, 2015

Blog hop: Top 10 favorite screen characters

Tag! I'm it!

"For this blog hop, name your 10 favorite characters from movies or TV then tag up to 10 friends to do the same."

Tim Hemlin tagged me for this hop. Check out his site for his top ten picks.

  • Charlie Crews -- The main character from the TV show Life, as played by Damian Lewis. I often wish I had Charlie's zen approach to the world around him.
  • Eleanor Arroway -- From the movie Contact, played by Jodi Foster. This movie just happens to be my favorite, and largely because of the way Foster brought Ellie alive. 
  • Luke -- from Cool Hand Luke. Paul Newman.
  • The Joker -- As portrayed by Heath Ledger. Pretty much the best Joker I've ever seen.
  • Rick Deckard -- Blade Runner. Harrison Ford. Epic. 
  • Joe Turner -- 3 Days of the Condor, played by Robert Redford. One of my favorite spy movies ever. 
  • Jason Bourne -- The Bourne whatever movies, played by Matt Damon. I can watch these movies over and over again. I loved the books when I was a kid, though as an adult I didn't enjoy them as much, I have to admit.
  • Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff -- The recent spate of Marvel movies. Ok, I have to admit that I have a bit of a crush on Scarlett Johansson, but Natasha kicks ass and I love it.
  • Sully -- Paul Newman's character in Nobody's Fool
  • Veronica Mars -- TV show of the same title, played by Kristin Bell. Veronica is the Queen of Snark, funny, strong and smart. Oh and really attractive. The chemistry between her and Enrico Colantoni (her dad) was wonderful.
Strangely many of my selections are fairly modern. There were a lot I considered that didn't make the list, including Happy Gilmore, George Bailey, Dana Scully, Megan Reeves (Numb3rs) and Dr. Spencer Reid (Criminal Minds.)

Honestly I can't think of anyone to tag on this, but I'll see about adding some people later...

1 comment: